A (MOSTLY) GLITTERING CAREER
Tom is an award-winning marketing and communications professional with more than 14 years' experience working with brands big and small, interesting and dull, to help them improve their marketing efforts and better engage with their target audiences.
He also owned a cat before it was cool.
KITE HILL PR: INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
- Leading Kite Hill's UK and European PR agency operations
- Responsibility for managing the agency’s growing London office, staff development and training, new business, agency structure etc.
- Providing senior comms consultancy, content creation, audience engagement and client support for a wide range of b2b technology firms including Qutee, Red Sift, Adform, BMG, Fyber, Cloud4Wi, Tapad, Branded Entertainment Network and PulsePoint
TRANSATLANTIC: HEAD OF STRATEGIC COMMS
I provide ongoing senior strategic comms consultancy, narrative development and thought leadership campaign expertise to Transatlantic’s broad and diverse client base of fast-growth companies, including MyTaxi, Spire, SwiftKey, ERS and many others.
Recent work includes:
- Planning, developing and executing Microsoft subsidiary SwiftKey's biggest global media event in Delhi, India
- Content strategy and origination for leading specialist motor insurer ERS
- Communications planning and narrative creation for businesses such as AR firm Atheer and AI company Signal Media
Marketing Communications Consultant
I provide senior PR, marketing and communications counsel for private sector and not-for-profit organisations on a variety of projects spanning the technology, music, film, arts & culture, advertising and education sectors, amongst others.
Recent campaigns I’ve delivered include:
- Developing a unique Facebook eConsultation for the Illuminated River initiative in London, garnering feedback from Londoners to understand their views on plans to permanently light up the bridges of the Thames
- Leading digital campaigning efforts for The Future Generation Art Prize, raising awareness of the programme with young artists globally to encourage them to enter
- Raising talent management firm Hudson’s profile with employer and employee audiences through ongoing UK media relations and thought leadership campaigning
- Working with British Association of Screen Entertainment two years' running to establish and curate the BASE Education Day and train the next generation of home entertainment marketers
- Creating unique thought leadership collateral around AI in cybersecurity for one of the world's biggest anti-malware providers, Avira
- Developing communications materials around the launch of Hull City of Culture 2017, The Festival of Voice and The Centenary of the Battle of the Somme
- Drafting visual arts charity The Freelands Foundation’s in-depth Trustees Report for two years' running
- Working with several PR and communications agencies to train and develop their staff, covering a wide range of skills as well as emerging industry issues
CITYPRESS: DIRECTOR & HEAD OF LONDON
Heading up Citypress' London office, getting closer to the brands and businesses we represent, while placing a signpost for our UK network in the heart of the capital as we target further growth.
Leading the Citypress learning and development programme, ensuring consultants have access to the very best coaching and training in all areas of PR practice.
Playing a central role in identifying and recruiting new talent into the agency and co-ordinating initiatives across the agency's UK network.
Creating, planning and leading delivery some of the agency’s biggest client programmes - including Coca-Cola, British Gas, British Land, and Lloyds Banking Group.
Overseeing Citypress' Insights team, which unearths and analyses the data needed to understand audiences, build winning campaign strategies and create content that engages and informs.
BLUE RUBICON: SENIOR CONSULTANT
Since joining Blue Rubicon I have led a variety of corporate, CSR, B2B, consumer, behaviour change, digital, public affairs, crisis and issues management campaigns for clients including Shell, Aviva, Deezer, Addleshaw Goddard, Royal Mail, Experian, National Skills Academy Hospitality, Telereal Trillium, BAE Systems Detica, Avio and Energy UK.
Most recently, I led the creation of a corporate international press office for music subscription service Deezer, building and managing a global media operation that currently spans more than one dozen markets, multiple languages and an extensive network of local spokespeople and PR agencies.
SHELL: SENIOR CONSULTANT
Six month attachment working into the Head of UK Comms and the Chairman of Shell UK to assist with 2012 UK communications team planning, strategy and budgeting.
During this time, I undertook a complete audit of the team’s existing activities and commitments, drafted the 2012 UK communications budget and developed a set of 2012 objectives to provide focus for the year ahead.
JOHNSON KING: ACCOUNT MANAGER
At Johnson King I was responsible for planning, implementing and managing campaigns for a variety of business- and consumer-focused communications, software and IT services organisations.
During my time with agency, I headed up campaigns for clients including communications giant Alcatel-Lucent, IT security firm Sophos, e-commerce site FindsYou.com and IT repair organisation Comtek, tackling a wide range of issues including sustainable technology, low cost online shopping, flexible working and safe computing, amongst many others. I also led the development and creation of Johnson King’s digital team and played a central role in establishing the agency’s digital services offering.